EyeCareUniverse has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.eyecareuniverse.com.
- We don't sell, barter, give away or rent your personal information to any company outside of EyeCareUniverse.
- All of your information - contact lens prescriptions, credit card numbers, buying preferences or any other personal information will remain private. EyeCareUniverse will not distribute, sell, trade, or give away this information to any third party without your explicit permission to do so. You can be assured that we respect your privacy, and appreciate the opportunity to do business with you.
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, and to administer our business.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, have been authorized by the customer, or are required by law.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information.
- We tell customers in plain language initially, and at least once annually, how they may remove their names from marketing lists. At any time, customers can contact us at the above contact information to remove their names from such lists.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that customer privacy is respected. We will conduct our business in a manner that fulfills our Promise in the many nations in which we do business.
- We have established safeguards to ensure the security and confidentiality of information about you. These safeguards include protection against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of the information, as well as protection against the unauthorized access to or use of this information. We restrict access to your information to those employees "who need to know that information" to provide products or services to you or on your behalf. Any other use or disclosure of your protected health information may only be made with your written authorization, which may be revoked under certain circumstances at any time.
EyeCareUniverse uses subscription forms for individuals to request information by subscribing to Email Newsletters. We collect visitor's contact information (like your email address) to provide you with the information that you request. We will periodically send you email referring to news and updates to EyeCareUniverse. Additionally, we will not send you unsolicited e-mail. We will only send e-mail to those who have requested such e-mail through our opt-in process. Finally, we honor all removal requests. You may un-subscribe at any time.
We provide unsubscribe/opt-out opportunities for all email lists that you choose to receive. All email list welcome messages contain the information necessary for removal from the list. Removal from all lists is instant.
How can I turn all cookies off?That depends on the browser you're using:
Internet Explorer1.Go to the Tools menu, then to Internet Options, then to Advanced.
2.Click the Security tab, then the Internet icon.
3.Click the Custom Level box.
4.Under Cookies, click either Disable or Prompt. (Prompt requires you to click yes or no every time a Web site wants you to accept a cookie.)
2.Click on Preferences, then click on Advanced.
3.Select to either disable all cookies or to receive warning before cookies are accepted.
- In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu
At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Cookies" section, choose your preferred setting
Click the menu button and choose Options.Preferences.
Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable Cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
If you are troubleshooting problems with cookies, make sure Accept third party cookies is also not set to Never.
Go to the Safari Menu
Click 'About', to determine which version of Safari you are using.
Once in the Safari preference window, click 'Privacy'.
Set your preferences for accepting cookies next to 'Block Cookies'.
If there are any website data/cookies being stored, click 'Details'.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
All transactions are completed on our secure server. In secure mode, your computer and our server begin communicating, sending data back and forth in an encrypted format. The encryption features of browser software are exceptionally powerful and ensure the security of this data as it is transmitted to our server. A browser in secure mode will display a URL address beginning "https://" rather than the standard "http://". The "s" stands for "secure." In Netscape NavigatorTM (versions 3.0 and earlier), the broken key symbol in the lower left corner of your browser window will become a solid key in secure mode. If you're using Netscape Communicator 4.0TM or higher, look for the padlock in the same space: it's open in standard mode and closed in secure mode. In Microsoft Internet ExplorerTM, you'll see a padlock symbol at the bottom of your browser window when the browser is in secure mode.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to your information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our customers information is protected. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment, behind a locked cage.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart, and to reduce credit card fraud.
This site contains links to other sites. http:eyecareuniverse.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor's contact information (like their email address). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to our customers. The customer's contact information is used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary.
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided:
- You can send email to Support
- You can visit the following URL: http://www.eyecareuniverse.com
Children's Online Policy
ShopCLE is committed to the preservation of online privacy for all of its web site visitors, including children. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. eyecareuniverse.com sells products intended for purchase by adults. If you make a purchase on Shopcle.com, you are representing that you are an adult. If you are a child under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using Shopcle.com.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
- You can send email to Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can send mail to the following postal address:
5 W. Main Street STE 105
Elmsford, NY 10523
- You can call the following telephone number: 1-877-536-7373
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
- Email Support: email@example.com
- Call the following telephone number: 1-877-536-7373
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our Web site.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact